Xlab System Torpedo Mount - Carbon
HORIZONTAL NOT tilted up 18 degrees like others
EASY INSTALL/Removal. NO tools required
CLEAR of Steerer Cap for Computer Mount
Uses Non-Stretch polyester straps
Not zip ties that lose tension in the Sun
5X MORE adjustable than others.
Ideal for 20km/40km TT/Tri
Front area of bottle 68% less than most other Bottles
Carbon fiber 25g weight
4 Straps with Silicone Grip adjust to aerobar width
Fits bars 9-14 cms apart. Center to center
1 1/2" fore and aft adjustment of cage on mount
Use XLAB Torpedo cage for lowest drag setup. For poor road surfaces or steep hills use XLAB Chimp cage
Torpedo cage & Aqua-Shot Optional
Use XLAB Aqua-Shot Squeeze and Squirt none-drip Bottle.
Great for horizontal use such as on the Torpedo system
Features and Benefits
- "Use standard water bottle mounted horizontally on the aerobars for most aero additional hydration"... states leading Engineering led bicycle manufacturer.
- Specially designed by XLAB to be light and aerodynamic.
- Perfect with XLAB AQUA-SHOT bottle for Sprint Tris or 20km TT's or even Ironman races.
- Add XLAB AERO TT bottle and cage for Olympic Tris or 40km TT's.
- Taking a drink from an XLAB AQUA-SHOT once every 15 minutes is faster than the drag (as much as 50 grams) from a 3/8 dia (10 mm.) straw for the whole bike split. The drag from a front "aero" bottle is considerably more as it has nearly 3x the frontal area.
- Use on 70.3 or Ironman races to eliminate huge drag from front vertical bottles and straws.
- Carbon Mount plate
- 4 Silicone coated non-stretch polyester straps.
- 2 M5x12 mounting screws,washers and Nyloc nuts.
Carbon Fiber with proprietory unidirectional fiber orientation.
Mount & Straps 36g