Shimano XTR FC-M980 3×10 Crankset – 170mm
The XTR Hollowtech II Crankset for the Shimano 10-speed Dyna-Sys drivetrain system. The middle chainring is made of titanium and carbon for more durability. The XTR crankset has an amazing, smooth and extremely precise shifting performance. Also the integrated bottom bracket saves weight and increases stiffness.
The standard set up of the drive train has been changed completely to increase the efficiency in shifting and achieve huge stability. The new XTR Dyna-Sys crankset is equipped with 42-32-24 teeth chainrings. They are combined with a 10-speed cassette. The closer ratio front drivetrain and the wider range cassette sprockets bring many advantages. Because of the 10-speed cassette the rider can spend more time on the middle chain ring. The drop to the 24 teeth chain ring is now much smoother and faster. Also it is easier to ride the 42 teeth chain ring so riders will use it more. The number of recovery shifts in the rear when using the small front chain ring is reduced to one. So shifting to the 24 teeth chain ring gets a seamless transition, letting riders deliver consistent, efficient power while maintaining cadence. Closer gear ratios mean smaller jumps between the gears which offers smoother shifting, less chain expansion, more efficient chain movement and less chance of dropping the chain.
- Teeth: 24/32/44
- Speed: 3×10
- Collared arm-to-bearing cup interface for precise bearing adjustment
- Carbon-composite reinforced titanium middle chainring and nickel-plated, double anodised outer chainring for increased durability with Hyperdrive pin/ramp chainring design for shifting performance
- Hollow-forged Ultra-Duraluminum crankarm with integrated 4-arm spider
- Only for BSA bottom brackets with 68 or 73mm case width.
- Only compatible with super narrow HG-X 10-speed chains.
- Hollowtech II design maximises stiffness while keeping weight to a minimum
- Weight: 790 gram (at 175mm incl. bottom bracket (42-32-24)