Terms & Conditions
COVID-19 LOCKDOWN TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA ON 23 MARCH 2020 THE COUNTRY WILL BE UNDER A 21-DAY LOCKDOWN AS OF 23:59 ON THURSDAY, 26 MARCH 2020
THIS LOCKDOWN WILL HAVE AN EFFECT ON OUR COURIER AND SHIPPING SERVICES AND AS SUCH ANY PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT IN OUR WAREHOUSE WILL ONLY BE SHIPPED AFTER THE LOCKDOWN PERIOD HAS ENDED
ALL PRODUCTS IN STOCK AT OUR WAREHOUSE WILL BE SHIPPED WITH NEXT DAY DELIVERY UP UNTIL THE LOCKDOWN COMES INTO EFFECT
ALL REFUNDS OVER R5000.00, WILL HAVE A CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION FEE THAT WILL BE CHARGED ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED
IKHAMBI (PROPRIETARY) LTD T/A BUYCYCLE
- This website can be accessed at www.buycycle.co.za ("the Website")
- These Website Terms and Conditions ("Terms") governs the advertising and sale of an extensive range of services, goods and products as may be offered by BuyCycle on the Website from time to time.
- These Terms are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses the Website or registers as a user ("you" or "your"). By using the Website and/or by clicking on the "Register" button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- If there is any provision in these Terms that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask BuyCycle to explain it to you before you accept the Terms or continue using the Website.
- Buycycle permits the use of this Website subject to these Terms. By using the Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms.
- These Terms apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA") and contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
- may limit the risk or liability of BuyCycle or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for you; and/or
- may compel you to indemnify BuyCycle or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement, by you, of a fact.
- Your attention is drawn to these Terms because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or BuyCycle in terms of the CPA.
- These Terms apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA") and contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
Acceptance of these Terms
- By accessing and/or using the Website, you agree to be bound by the Terms.
- BuyCycle may at any time modify any of the Terms and such modification will supersede and replace any previous terms.
- The amended terms will be made available on the Website and each time that You access the Website and/or use the Products or services offered via the Website, you agree to be bound by the Terms, as may be modified from time to time.
Content of the Website
- Whilst every effort is made to update the information provided on the Website on a regular basis, BuyCycle makes no representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information, data and/or content on the Website from time to time.
- BuyCycle reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of the Website and any information, data and/or content on the Website.
Registration and Use of Website
- Only registered users may purchase Products on the Website
- If you use the “quick” / “Guest Checkout” functionality, you will be required to register at the conclusion of the checkout process by supplying a personal password (“password”)
- Before purchasing any products via the Website, you will be obliged to enter your user name or and personal password ("password") or other uniquely identifying information.
- Jointly BuyCycle refers to the username and password and other unique identifying information as your "Access Codes".
- You undertake and warrant to ensure that your Access Codes are not disclosed to any third party and to immediately report any actual or potential unauthorised access to or use of your Access Codes.
- On receipt of such notice from you, BuyCycle reserves the right to reject any communication received from your profile, suspend the processing of any communications and orders not yet executed by BuyCycle and immediately deactivate your Access Codes. You shall thereafter be obliged to refrain from ordering any products until such time as new Access Codes have been authorised by BuyCycle.
- BuyCycle may from time to time require you to change your Access Codes, as the case may be, and you undertake to comply with such instruction immediately.
- You agree that BuyCycle will accept and process your order for Products once the correct Access Codes have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the Access Codes is unauthorised or fraudulent and that you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in terms of these Terms.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms.
- You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instruments to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised BuyCycle representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised BuyCycle representative.
- You agree that all instructions, consents, orders and other communications which purport to originate from you or a person who had authority to act on your behalf to operate automatically (unless it is proved that such an information system did not properly execute such programming) (collectively "the originator") and which are sent to BuyCycle electronically and which may (as a result of interception, equipment malfunction, the distortion of communication links or any other reason whatsoever) be different from the instructions actually sent or given, or may not have been given by you at all, shall be deemed to have been given by the originator in the form actually received by BuyCycle and you will be bound by such instruction with no liability of whatever nature attaching to BuyCycle in regard thereto.
- You waive any rights that you may have or obtain against BuyCycle arising directly or indirectly from any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which you may suffer as a result of the fact that BuyCycle acts on your instructions/orders or instructions/orders purported to emanate from you and you indemnify BuyCycle against all and any claims, liabilities, losses, costs, fines, damages and expenses incurred (whether directly or indirectly) by you, arising as a result of the fact that BuyCycle has acted on your instructions/orders or instructions/orders which purported to emanate from you.
Orders, confirmation & delivery
- The advertising of Products via the Website merely constitutes an invitation by BuyCycle for you to make an offer to purchase Products and remains entitled to reject any order without giving reasons therefore and without any liability to you.
- As erroneous information and/or prices may be displayed on this Website from time to time, you agree that BuyCycle cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information and/or prices published on the Website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of BuyCycle, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. BuyCycle will not under any circumstances whatsoever be obligated to sell a Product at such erroneous price displayed on the Website. You are encouraged to contact BuyCycle to report any possible errors by way of email to [email protected] or by contacting the customer care department on 087 654 1940.
- Once you have selected the Product you wish to purchase and submitted your order to BuyCycle, you will be given the opportunity to review the entire transaction and correct any mistakes, before electing whether to withdraw from the transaction or proceed with the transaction. By clicking on the "proceed" or "purchase" or similar "final submit" button you are deemed to have submitted an offer to purchase the Product/s selected by you ("order") and the order can be withdrawn by you.
- BuyCycle reserves the right to cancel the order for any reason on notice to you and without any liability to you. Receipt of a confirmation of the order (which only constitutes acceptance by BuyCycleto process the order) will be sent to you once BuyCycle receives your order. Although the Website is set up to confirm receipt of orders, technical or other problems may delay or prevent such confirmations. DO NOT resend your instruction if you do not receive a confirmation from BuyCycle as this may lead to a duplicate transaction for which you will be held liable.
- Please note: A transaction will only be deemed to have been concluded once the Product/service in question has been delivered in accordance with the selected delivery option or agreed process. BuyCycle will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Products to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and BuyCycle come into effect (the "Sale"). This is regardless of any communication from BuyCycle stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. BuyCycle will indicate any rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- BuyCycle reserves the right to withhold approval and/or cancel orders at their sole discretion.
- Placing Products in a wish list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Products, and as such, Products may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold BuyCycle liable if such Products are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- Delivery times are estimated times only and BuyCycle is not liable for any late deliveries.
- BuyCycle reserves the right to verify the identity of any purchaser or the payment method used. This may entail you being required to, amongst others, send BuyCycle a copy of your identity document, proof of residence, copy of front and back of your credit card. Failure to do so may result in BuyCycle cancelling the order without reason. If BuyCycle approves your application you may be required to sign additional terms & conditions, which will form the basis of BuyCycle's agreement with you. A copy of these terms can be obtained by calling BuyCycle on 087 654 1940. If you do not agree to these additional terms & conditions then your application will be cancelled and you will not be entitled to use or access the product or service you have subscribed to.
- Risk in the products shall pass to you or your authorized representative on delivery.
Crash Replacement :
- Our crash replacement policy is valid for a period of three years from the date of purchase.
- The policy applies to the original owner only and is non transferable.
- Your claim is only valid on submission of your original proof of purchase receipt, from an authorised dealer.
- The discount is only applicable to KASK helmets and cannot be substituted for products other than helmets.
- Should a crash replacement helmet be issued in accordance to this policy, the replacement helmet will not be eligible for a second claim.
- KASK does not warrant against failure or damage caused by incorrect use such as, but not limited to, poor maintenance, incorrect installation, neglect, using the product in a manner that is not intended for, or any alteration of the product.
- The damage to the helmet must be an activity related to a crash or impact.
- You will be required to provide details of the incident that caused the damage. In cases of abuse of any helmet, the helmet will not be eligible for replacement.
- On a successful claim application, KASK will instruct the customer on how to redeem the discount applied. The customer will be requested to surrender the damaged helmet to the KASK head office in Pretoria and under no circumstances should helmets be left with retailers in order to fulfil crash replacement claims.
- Discounts will only be applied once the claim process is completed and we have received the surrendered helmet from the customer.
- A discount of 40% off the KASK website recommended retail price will apply against any new helmet purchase excluding helmets on sale.
- All consumers that have a discount applied after a completed successful claim, will have up to 10 days to purchase their new helmet. If the customer exceeds this period the discount will be cancelled and the customer will not be eligible for another claim.
- KASK reserves the right to remove this offer at any time and refuse a claim if the terms and conditions are not fulfilled as specified.
- The crash replacement policy is valid from August 2019 and is only applicable to the new KASK helmets distributed by Ikhambi Distributions.
- By submitting a claim, you are accepting all the terms and conditions listed above.
Performance and availability of Products
- BuyCycle endeavours to execute all orders within the time period notified but by accepting these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that delivery of orders can from time to time fall outside of these time periods due to a number of reasons out of our control including but not limited to logistic delays. By accepting these Terms and transacting on the Website, you acknowledge that no liability is incurred by BuyCycle in these instances.
- You acknowledge that stock of all Products on offer is limited and accept that the display of Products is not necessarily a guarantee that a Product is available.
- When Products are no longer available BuyCycle will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Products. Whilst BuyCycle will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels, BuyCycle cannot guarantee the availability of stock and BuyCycle will only be liable for delivery of the Products when the Products are available. Should the Products no longer be available, you shall be entitled to either be credited or refunded for any payments already made by you.
- BuyCycle accepts payments via EFT, credit card, debit card or SnapScan.
- Debit/Credit card payments:
- BuyCycle only accepts MASTERCARD and VISA credit and debit cards. BuyCycle will debit the total value of your online order against the payment card tendered by you during the check-out process.
- Payment will be effected on acceptance of your order and prior to delivery.
- By submitting your order, Identity Number and payment card details you warrant that you are over the age of 18 (eighteen) and that you are fully authorised to make payment with the payment card and that there are sufficient funds available to pay for the order.
- Where payment is made by credit card, BuyCycle may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases, BuyCycle reserve the right to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by BuyCycle and authorisation is obtained by BuyCycle for the amounts. If BuyCycle does not receive authorisation your purchase of the Products will be cancelled.
- Debit / Credit card payments are processed through the secure PayFast payment gateway. You can view more information at www.payfast.co.za/
- EFT / Instant EFT payments:
- If payment for the full amount does not reflect in our bank account within 14 days, your order will be cancelled. Payments for orders made via Instant EFT will be processed in the same way that Credit Card orders are processed.
Disclosures required in terms of Section 43 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002
- Full name : BuyCycle.co.za
- Physical address : 518 Missouri Street, Faerie Glen, Pretoria East
- Telephone number : 087 654 1940
- Website address : http://www.buycycle.co.za
- E-mail address : [email protected]
- Country of incorporation : South Africa
- Every order is a priority! BuyCycle has partnered with the best in the courier industry, therefore our whole operation is geared towards getting your order out the door and to your doorstep as soon as you can say BuyCycle. Expect delivery between 5 - 7 working days from the date of ordering. Bear in mind, however, that processing and delivery of your order will depend on us having received confirmation of payment in full and on us having received your correct delivery and contact details.
- Please Note - BuyCycle ships from numerous distribution warehouses, so you may receive multiple tracking numbers & packages.
- Once an order is placed and processed, you will receive an email from the Buycycle team, stipulating the relevant tracking information.
- We use either MDS or RAM hand to hand couriers and all waybill number(s) and tracking link(s) will be sent, so you as the customer can track the progress of your package(s).
- If you have any queries or questions regarding the courier, delivery or status, please contact [email protected]
- BuyCycle aims at delivering an order within 5 - 7 working days after it has been placed. Delivery time depends on the size of the items ordered and it also depends on your location; outlying areas will take longer to be delivered. Once your order is handed over to the couriers, it is no longer BuyCycle’s property or responsibility. BuyCycle will not be held liable for any damage or lost parcels.
- You are more than welcome to choose the option to come and collect your order from our BuyCycle warehouse. Please note that we do not stock all the brands advertised at our warehouse in Pretoria and goods are shipped from various distribution warehouses all over the country.
- Collections may only happen when an email from the BuyCycle team is received stating that the order has been processed and the order is ready to be collected.
- No collection(s) will be allowed until you have received such notification.
- Note that upon collection, you must produce the order reference number and if you are collecting on behalf of someone else, this must be confirmed in writing with the processing team.
- Should you change your mind regarding collection and would prefer delivery, you will be charged a shipping and handling fee and this will be communicated to you.
- Please note that processing of your order will commence only once confirmation of full payment for your order has been received by BuyCycle.
- Payment can be made in one of two ways:
- Credit card payments via PayFast: One of the most convenient and widely used online payment methods. Accepts Visa and MasterCard. At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and authorization is obtained for the invoiced amount. If such authorization is not obtained, the order will be cancelled. If authorization is obtained, your card will only be billed once your order has been packed and shipped.
- Bank deposits & Electronic Funds Transfer: If you select the internet payment button, BuyCycle's bank account details are then listed. Order processing is subject to the following rules:
- The exact amount must be paid in full; send proof of payment to [email protected]
- The payment must be identifiable by providing the order number and your surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer.
- No transfers from ATMs will be accepted; Cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period; Only electronic funds transfers from within the South African borders will be accepted; and Your order will be cancelled if you choose to pay by bank deposit and the amount due is not reflected in BuyCycle's account within 5 business days. Upon checking out your order, you have the option of choosing a free door to door delivery or collection at our warehouse.
- We are happy to do an exchange / or return within two weeks after the date of purchase, given that the item is still in its original packaging and 100% original condition. No exchanges/returns can be done on items already used and removed from packaging. Specific to clothing items - any/all tags must be kept attached to item - if removed, we cannot accept back for return/exchange.
- The shipping fee for the items to be returned to the distribution warehouse and the replacement units to the client will be for the client's account. A 20% handling fee will also be payable on the item to be exchanged. The client is more than welcome to use their own courier to return the item where it is possible, and can just pay the 20% handling fee into BuyCycle's account.
- Send an email to [email protected] for further information as different distributors have different policies with concerns to the drop off and collection of items.
- Please note that no exchanges or refunds will be done on clearance items.
- Nothing on our refunds policy or these Terms in any way limits your rights in terms of section 56 (read with section 55) of the CPA.
- Please note that if an order needs to be refunded, that the refund payment will happen via EFT only - you can send us your bank account information and the payment will be processed on the Friday of that specific week. Unfortunately, no refunds will be processed to credit cards (via Payfast). Only EFT.
- Please note that if original payment was made via Credit Card, InstantEFT, Zapper or Snapscan, the transaction fees will not be refunded for orders over R 5000.00
- BuyCycle may from time to time make physical or electronic gift cards (“Gift Cards”) and promotional vouchers or discounts (“Vouchers”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of the Products. Gift Cards and Vouchers can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended.
- Gift Certificates
- Gift Certificates are available for online purchases only.
- Gift Certificates do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased
- If your Gift Certificate value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods as provided for in these Terms.
- BuyCycle is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a Gift Certificate after the Gift Certificate has been delivered to you or the email address nominated by you.
- Each Gift Certificate may only be used once.
- Promotional gift certificates and vouchers have a validity of 1 Calendar Year except where otherwise specified.
- Vouchers provided as part of an exchange process do not expire.
- Gift certificates purchased by customers do not expire.
Privacy and Security
- You shall not use the Website to send or post any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, indecent, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane, pornographic or violates any applicable law and you hereby indemnify BuyCycle against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatever nature (whether direct or indirect) which BuyCycle or any third party may suffer which is caused by or attributable to, whether directly or indirectly, your use of the Website to send or post any message or material as aforesaid.
Warranties, Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Save as set out in the Terms, BuyCycle makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express or implied in law or residual) regarding the Website and the Products and the Website and Products made available via the Website are provided "as is".
- Neither BuyCycle or its directors shall be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) and/or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party, as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the Website and/or any information contained on or via the Website and/or your use of the Products. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, neither BuyCycle nor its directors shall be liable for any failure and/or unavailability of the Website for any reason whatever and/or the failure/delay by any third party service provider to render any service which is necessary to ensure the availability of the Website.
- You hereby indemnify BuyCycle or its directors against any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party as a result of or which may be attributable directly or indirectly to the aforesaid. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, BuyCycle shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, contingent or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of business, loss of data and/or loss of profits) incurred or sustained by you or any third party howsoever arising in respect of your use of or reliance on any information offered on or via the Website and/or your use of the Products.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, BuyCycle shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature in the event that you request that an order is stopped or cancelled.
- By accessing the Website, you warrant and represent to BuyCycle that you are legally entitled to do so to purchase any of the Products offered for sale via the Website. You further warrant that all the details you have given are true and complete and that you are legally capable of concluding this transaction. If you are younger than 18 years of age you warrant that you have the consent of your legal guardian to enter into this agreement with BuyCycle or that you have obtained legal status in another manner.
- BuyCycle will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods. BuyCycle may in our sole discretion at any time suspend or terminate the operation of this Website without prior notice to you and without the need to give you reasons for such termination. You agree that BuyCycle will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend or terminate the Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time and to the extent possible.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms, BuyCycle also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Company, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. BuyCycle thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
Use of the Website
BuyCycle does not make any warranty or representation that information and products advertised on the Website are appropriate for use in any jurisdiction. By accessing the Website, you warrant and represent to BuyCycle that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of information and purchase the Products made available via the Website.
Every care has been taken to assure the accuracy of the provided information on this website and the information is believed to be correct. However the information may include errors or inaccuracies, therefore the use of the Site and Content is at your own risk and are provided "as is."
BuyCycle is not responsible for the content of websites that are maintained by third parties and therefore waives its liability for any links from this website to other websites. BuyCycle does not warrant that this website or any linked websites are free from viruses or other harmful elements. BuyCycle or its licensors content may not be used in any way without the prior written approval of BuyCycle.
Patents, designs and trademarks
- Patents designs trademarks, brand names and corporate logos displayed on the website are the property of BuyCycle or its licensors and may not be used in any way without the prior written approval of BuyCycle. BuyCycle does not by this website grant any license to use the intellectual rights said above.
Media (Pictures, Images, Photos, Video, Audio etc)
- Please note that media pertaining to products are for illustrative purposes only. The items for sale are the items as is described in the description. BuyCycle cannot be held liable for incorrect media displayed and will honour the description of the product at all times.
Address for Service
- The address for service for all purposes relating to these Terms including the giving of any notice, the payment of any sum, the serving of any process, is the address set out the paragraph in 10.2 above and the telephone number set out in paragraph 10.3 above.
- BuyCycle shall be entitled from time to time, by giving notice to you to vary its physical address for service to any other physical address within the Republic of South Africa, and to vary its telephone address for service to any other telephone number.
- Without detracting from the provisions of your account terms and conditions, the Terms constitute the sole record of the agreement between you and BuyCycle in relation to your use of this Website. No indulgence or extension of time which either you or BuyCycle may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
- BuyCycle shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of these Terms.
- All provisions of these Terms are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of these Terms which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- Should BuyCycle be prevented from fulfilling any of its obligations to you as a result of any event of force majeure, then those obligations shall be deemed to have been suspended to the extent that and for as long as BuyCycle is so prevented from fulfilling them and your corresponding obligations shall be suspended to the corresponding event. In the event that force majeure continues for more than fourteen days after it has first occurred then BuyCycle shall be entitled (but not obliged) to terminate all of its rights and obligations in terms of or arising out of these terms by giving notice to you. An "event of force majeure" shall mean any event or circumstance whatsoever which is not within the reasonable control of including, without limitation, vis major, casus fortuitus, any act of God, strike, theft, riots, explosion, insurrection or other similar disorder, war (whether declared or not) or military operations, the downtime of any external telecommunications line, power failure, international restrictions, any requirement or any international authority, any requirement of any government or other competent local authority, any court order, export control or shortage or transport facilities.
- For purposes of calculating any time periods, GMT +2 shall be used.
- These Terms and conditions shall apply to all transactions you conclude via this Website.
- A certificate issued by an administrator of this Website shall constitute prima facie proof of any fact related to this Website, including but not limited to which version of the Terms govern a particular dispute and what content was published or functionality was available on the Website at a specific point in time.
- When you visit the Website or send emails to us, you consent to receive communications from BuyCycle electronically.
- The deeming provisions of the ECT Act are excluded to the extent that no message shall be deemed to have been received by BuyCycle unless BuyCycle acknowledges receipt thereof in writing. This does not detract from the fact that if you submit an order more than once you may have concluded a double transaction for which you will be liable and that a transaction will only be deemed to have been concluded between you and BuyCycle on the delivery/collection of the product or service.
- These Terms and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
- All disputes arising as a result of your use of the Website or on the interpretation of these Terms or on any matter which in terms of the Terms requires agreement by you and BuyCycle, (other than where an interdict is sought, or urgent relief may be obtained from a court of competent jurisdiction), will be submitted to and decided by arbitration.
- That arbitration will be held with only you and BuyCycle and your/our representatives present at the offices of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa, Cape Town, South Africa. The arbitration will be governed by the rules of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa in terms of South African law and will be heard by an arbitrator or arbitrators appointed by the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. The arbitration award will be final and binding on you and BuyCycle. BuyCycle agrees to keep the evidence in the arbitration proceedings and any order made by any arbitrator confidential. The arbitrator will have the power to give default judgment if either you or BuyCycle fails to make submissions on the due date and fails to appear at the arbitration.